Aren Van Dyke
We have already talked about how exercise can help increase your cardiovascular health and improve the health of your heart, but exercise does much more for the body than that. Here is a list of just some of the benefits of regular exercise:
- Helps manage weight – By exercising you are burning off calories which promotes weight loss and prevents weight gain.
- Increases your energy levels – As you improve the strength of your muscles they also gain more endurance to help you work harder over a longer period of time. Lung capacity and the body’s method of delivering oxygen and nutrients to your muscles improve as well. Making you feel more active and boosting your energy levels.
- Prevents health conditions – Exercise prevents serious negative health conditions such as; high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, obesity, and osteoporosis
- Helps mental health – Depression, anxiety, and stress all play huge roles in everyday life. Exercise helps reduce these negative emotions and can actually improve the way you feel about yourself.
- Exercise is fun – There are many different forms of exercise such as playing on sports teams, dancing, hiking and yoga. Many of these fun activities are a great way to get together with friends or just relax and unwind.
Music is a great way to keep you motivated and pumped up while running. Along side X92.9 we have created a great list of songs to keep you going during a run:
The 3rd place finisher of the 10km run will win 2 one month passes to Bodhi Tree Yoga Centre! These passes allow the winner and unlimited number of free sessions for 1 full month. We are also proud to say that members of the Bodhi Tree Yoga team will be leading the warm up on race day!
When you support the St. John Ambulance Run and Walk for LIFE, you support St. John volunteers all over Alberta. Our volunteers play an important role in Albertan communities by providing First Aid coverage at events that are attended by hundreds of people each year. With your support we can continue to provide this service to our communities and equip St. John Ambulance volunteers with all the gear they need to help people incase of an emergency. We have over 600 volunteers that contribute 26,000+ hours of community service each year, making us an essential part of Alberta’s communities. Come out and show our volunteers some support by registering for the St. John Ambulance Run and Walk for LIFE!